New event safety protocols, event updates, and other important info!
LAST UPDATE: TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2020
Important Event Updates:
NORTHERN FINALS (COLUMBUS, OHIO) IS CANCELLED!
Ohio’s regulations have become increasingly more strict since the cancellation of our Sandusky event. Several dance competitions were recently shut down by Ohio government agencies within hours of their start time. Even though we have gone above and beyond the CDC, state and local guidelines to ensure our events are safe and following protocols, we have no way to ensure that our event will not be shut down. For this reason, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our 2020 Northern Finals in Columbus, OH.
We LOVE our Ohio family and cannot miss seeing you this season. Just like you, this year we have learned to pivot, improvise, and re-imagine. This has allowed us to turn disappointment into innovation. As a result, we are excited to invite you to participate in our first Showstopper Virtual Dance Experience, August 28-30, 2020. Please take a look at the result of our plans HERE.
• The Showstopper Virtual Dance Experience will give you the Showstopper competition experience you know, except virtual!
• All routines will be premiered live on our stage with multi-cam shots, fog, lights, and custom backgrounds on our 40ft-wide LED screen.
• Judges will record critiques live from the audience.
• Award sessions will be live on stage with a host and video playback.
• Registration for our first event will be open this Wednesday, July 29th, and the submission deadline is August 15.
LABOR DAY WEST COAST DANCE CHAMPIONSHIPS LOCATION CHANGE!
Our friends at Disneyland have notified us that the Disneyland Hotel will not be ready to host our competition in September 2020. However, we cannot give up on seeing all of our West Coast dancers this season. So, we are excited to announce that our Labor West Coast Dance Championships has moved to a new location. We will now be hosting our Labor Day event at The Mirage in Las Vegas, NV! We have been working with The Mirage and are dedicated to providing you with the prestigious Showstopper experience you love while also keeping everyone safe and comfortable! CLICK HERE to read The Mirage’s safety plan.
NORTHEAST FINALS IS CANCELLED!
According to new regulations made by the Connecticut governor, we are, unfortunately, unable to move forward with our rescheduled North East Finals in Mashantucket, CT. We hope to see you all at one of our other 2020 summer + fall events or at one of our 2021 competitions!
TACOMA, WA IS CANCELLED
EDISON, NJ IS CANCELLED
CINCINNATI, OH IS CANCELLED
CONCORD, NC IS CANCELLED
SANDUSKY, OH IS CANCELLED
New Event Regulations and Safety Protocols:
We are committed to providing you with the Showstopper event we all know and love but have reimagined them to keep you safe and comfortable.
We have established these new event protocols through continuous contact with our venues and monitoring daily updates to state and local guidelines. These protocols include frequent cleaning, dedicated sanitation staff, and space for social distancing for a one-of-a-kind experience.
Whether you’re getting ready in the dressing room, cheering in the audience, or performing on stage, you can enjoy it all worry-free!
· National Finals live streams will have clear updates and feature side-by-side daily schedules
· Extra-large practice areas
· Extra-large merchandise area
· Extra-large competition rooms
· Merchandise may be purchased by credit card only
· Stage floors will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day
· Separate points of entry and exit for spectators
· Hand sanitizer stations will be available
· Attendees should stay home if sick or showing symptoms of illness
· Showstopper staff will receive temperature checks every day
· All Finals will be streamed live online
· Extra-large Teacher Hospitality Suite with additional entrances and prepackaged treats
· The best Showstopper merchandise sale yet
· All-Stars Opening Number Performance
· Complimentary coloring packets
· Free balloon art
· Extra surprises and giveaways
As reflected in each event’s schedule, award ceremonies will be more frequent to minimize crowd size. During awards, dancers will be asked to wait on the front side of the stage in order to allow more room for social distancing.
There will be designated areas clearly marked for dancers to wait with clear views of the stage as well as large monitors displaying the live feed. When called to receive your award we ask that one representative from each studio come to the stage to accept their award and then return to the waiting area!
As always, we will be offering a 100% refund for all cancelled events and any studios who cannot make it to our new tour dates.
This season, our National Finals will be open to all studios, this means you did not have to compete at a 2020 Showstopper Regional event to qualify. Registration for those events are now open!
If your studio was previously registered for a city on our rescheduled tour then your routines will be automatically moved to the new event.
To cancel hotel reservations with Showstopper Travel please do so using the CANCEL RESERVATION LINK found in your Guest Confirmation Email Receipt or call the hotel directly.
Hotel reservations for the Disneyland Hotel will be cancelled for you automatically. You do not need to contact the hotel.